Who'd of thunk it... Kodak and biting back. They may have been struggling a bit on the film and camera front but to combat that they have taken an almighty leap into phones.
Kodak Company will open a Christmas pop up in the heart of London this December as a creative hub and a place for photography enthusiasts to delve into Kodak’s photography expertise. Opening with the highly anticipated global launch of the KODAK EKTRA Smartphone, the hub will showcase a capsule collection of Kodak products whilst offering a week long calendar of experiences and creative counsel.
The Kodak Ektra Darkroom will provide a unique platform for photography enthusiasts - amateurs and professionals alike - to learn, be inspired, create and share. Celebrating Kodak’s rich history of imaging technology, the space will showcase Kodak’s consumer portfolio of contemporary image and product innovation.
- Be the first worldwide to trial and purchase the new KODAKEKTRA Smartphone (from Monday 5th December)
- Enjoy free tutorials, learning how to take exceptional images on the KODAKEKTRA, including free demonstrations on the many unique built in settings and applications
- Enjoy free photography exhibitions from celebrated Kodakpartners
- Have the opportunity to engage with in-house photography experts to learn new skills and techniques
- Attend tutorials from guest imaging specialists
- Be immersed in the iconic Kodakbrand, its rich history and learn about photography throughout time
- Purchase exclusive Kodakmerchandise including fashion wear, prints and film stock, some as UK exclusives. A limited edition Opening Ceremony Kodak capsule collection will be available to purchase in-store, for the first time outside of the USA and while stocks last
WHAT: Kodak Ektra Darkroom
DETAIL: A pop-up creative hub for photography enthusiasts and the first place to trial and purchase the new Kodak Ektra Smartphone
WHERE: 70 Berwick St, Soho
WHEN: 5th – 11th December, Monday - Wednesday 10am - 7pm , Thursday 10am - 8pm, Friday and Saturday 10am - 7pm, Sunday 11am - 5pm