Here Comes The Sun - The Cider Box presents: first ciders of 2016.
Saturday 26th March, 12noon-7pm.
Join us to celebrate the banishing of daylight saving nonsense for another 6 months, and the impending goodtimes clock that is British Summertime.
It's no coincidence that this annual festivity falls on the same part of the month where for centuries, the first CIDER become ready after spending the long cold winter tucked away in cider houses and barns across the country. We'll be unleashing the first of 2016's ciders & raising a glass or three to the forbidden fermented fruit, by holding a cider festival like no other on March 26th, on the roof of Queen of Hoxton, under the canvas of the Wigwambam. Tickets get you 4 halves of delightful cider , a tutored tasting session with complimentary cheese, and a delicious plate of mouth watering food from the open fire.
- Lashings of mouth watering real & artisan ciders, many exclusive and unique to London!
- Tutored cider tasting sessions throughout the day!
- Complimentary cheese!
- Background folk music!
- A mountain of a meat feast, with vegetarian options!
Tickets £15 which include:
- 4 halves of delighful cider from a huge choice
- A lipsmacking plate of food from the fire
- A time tutored tasting session, with free cider and cheese
Super limited golden tickets, at £20, which allow access to any one of the timed tasting sessions, plus an exclusive cider vs cheese tasting session at 6pm bought to us by our friends at Raw Cheese Power.
- The Lambkin & The Little Fish
Pulled slow roast shoulder of lamb w/rosemary, juniper & anchovy jus
- The Golden Bird
Chicken schnitzel w/caramelised apple sauce
- One Eye, Two Eyes, Three Eyes Stew
3 bean stew w/sweet potato & herb dumplings
All served w/sides:
- Roast potato, turnip & garlic w/harissa & orange
- Winter greens w/optional bacon butter
I've attached a poster, and some snaps from previous events. I'd love it if you could make it, and would be thrilled even if you could cover it in some capacity. We have a press guestlist; let me know if you'd like to be included and i'll make all the arrangements.
Tickets & info- theciderbox.com/