Aster, in the heart of the still fairly newly developed Victoria, is a haven for not only brunch fanatics but bubbles and interiors fanatics too.
Full of the brass, marble and dark wood that we love, you could simply go here for some home design inspiration - then you realise they offer bottomless bubbles with brunch!
With a nice menu that caters well for those wanting something light, right through to you lot that like a big old burger on weekend mornings, Aster pulls out all the stops. Your glass will never be empty and you can brunch to your heart's content in sumptuous surroundings perfect for a long catch up or day date.
Always seasonal Aster makes you feel all Autumnal with their feature wall and all cosy with cinnamon bun martinis for those that want to turn their brunch into an all afternoon effort!
Aster | 150 Victoria St | Westminster | London | SW1E 5LB
WJ London are big fans of The Jones Family Project: a relaxed daytime hangout, friendly evening cocktail bar and amazing restaurant. They have a few things up their sleeve for Autumn that we thought best to fill you in on.
Eastbound & Round - Jones Family’s new Sharing Fruit Infused Negroni served in the Porthole Infuser, designed by Chicago-based studio Crucial Detail making for 2 (and a bit leftover!) glasses of Insta-goodness. Made from Plymouth Gin, Campari and Vermouth, the Porthole allows the flavours of pink grapefruit, orange rind and raspberries to infuse into the drink before pouring. (Priced at £19)
Retro Fun - Celebrate the golden age of the dinner party at Jones Family’s1970s pop up dining table. Complete with a fabulous kitsch Formica cocktail bar and raffia clad Chianti bottles, up to 8 guests can revel in its retro glory while tucking into a special tasting menu featuring revised ‘70s favourites such as coq au vin and Black Forest gateau, together with classic cocktails. To help get into the swing of things, a 10% discount for those dressed up in ‘70s clothing will be offered, making us especially glad that the ‘70s revival that stormed SS15 catwalks shows no sign of leaving our burnt-orange and terracotta infused wardrobes this AW15. (Priced at £39 per person)
The Ginger Pig Roast - At Jones Family one thing remains constant throughout: quality, responsibly sourced ingredients. With a great passion for food and drink and where it comes from, the team take great care in choosing their suppliers. Jones Family’s Sunday roasts all use unrivalled meats from the Ginger Pig. What’s more, from now until the end of October, all roasts are £9.95 each when bought with a bottle of wine. Tuck in.
Google has so why don't you?
The autumn equinox, which marks the first day of autumn is today so let's not be down about the end of summer but excited about the start of cosy winter with dark nights and Christmas!
1. You'll find the best blackberries, courgettes and runner beans in season right now and next month you'll find sweetcorn and cox apples next month. We also of course have pumpkins to look forward to!
2. Autumn also means you need to think of a coat option. We'll be going with a pastel pink number this year.
3. Trees go red gold and yellow, surely this is worth mentioning - they're much more colourful in Autumn than in the summer really....
4. You can put the fan away and get some more space in your place. How stuff has it been lately?? It's not been hot but it has been hot - very odd weather. So you can firmly put that fan in the cupboard or roof or storage - whatever you have now - and wave it goodbye until the summer - and wave hello to that new corner you've freed up in your room and the bruises on your toes from bashing on its previous residence.
5. Halloween and Bonfire Night - these are the best nights of the year if you ask us. Toffee apples, dressing up, fireworks, sparklers, bonfires, blankets, wellies and scarves! Oh we can't wait!