The launches of the iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S last year brought much excitement to Apple’s loyal fan base worldwide. The features of these latest iPhone models enhanced the way people communicate with each other. But the geniuses from Apple still have more to offer with the much anticipated release of the iPhone 6, and it’s inevitable that many new mobile phone contracts will be taken out when the phone is released.
According to some reports, a mass production of iPhone 6 will occur in July and these phones will be released in September of this year. Much anticipation is circling around the techie world and various rumours about the upcoming iPhone 6 are sprouting up everywhere.
iPhone fans should enquire about the mobile phone contracts by Virgin Media and reserve an iPhone 6 unit way ahead of time. This is because stocks often run low whenever Apple launches a new product on the market.
Let’s have a look at what we can expect from Apple’s latest iPhone offering:
Improved Resolution and Enlarged Screen size
Reports are spreading that Apple will be launching two iPhone 6 variants, both of which will have enlarged screens and improved resolution. The first design is rumoured to have a 4.7-inch display with a maximum resolution of 1334x750. Compared to the iPhone 5S, which has a display of 4 inches with a resolution of 1136x640, the new model will be an improvement. On the other hand, the second iPhone 6 variant will focus on many customers’ need for a larger display, and so will feature a screen size of 5.5 inches with a maximum resolution of 1920x1080.
It is also thought that the upcoming iPhone 6 will have a sapphire display as well as a breath-taking design. The iPhone 6’s specifications are expected to include:
- Integrated bezels for manageable phone handling: Since both designs will feature larger displays, these bezels will be useful in navigating all of the phone’s features.
- A right side power button: It seems that Apple is beginning to appreciate how its competitors integrated such a feature to allow for more manageable handling.
- Improved battery life: Compared to the iPhone 5S, the iPhone 6 may boast an additional 50% battery life to maximise the phone’s usability.
- Upgraded camera: The iPhone 6 will retain the iPhone 5S’s 8MP camera. The highly anticipated new feature is the integration of an upgraded optical image stabiliser. The functionality of this upgrade is still to be elaborated on.
The Surprises Never End
It’s getting increasingly exciting as reports also indicate that the iPhone 6 will have the following internal features that will excite all iPhone fanatics:
- NFC support: This feature is integrated to facilitate Apple’s endeavour towards mobile payment solutions such as Google Wallet.
- Touch ID, Apple A8 processor and 64GB design: These features are designed to elevate information processing and downloading experience.
These are just some of the exciting features we can look forward to as the official launch of the iPhone 6 looms closer. Prior to this, it is expected that more updates and rumours about the iPhone 6 will materialise. People with existing mobile phone contracts should ask their provider whether an iPhone 6 upgrade could be part of their next renewal.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici / FreeDigitalPhotos.net